Friday, May 27, 2011

Yang Hyun Suk plans to make 2011 2NE1’s year

“2NE1 debuted three years ago, but in my eyes, they still look like rookies. I think that’s synonymous to how they haven’t had that many activities or exposure through TV. Therefore, 2NE1 still has quite a bit to show. This year will be the year to settle it all.”

The above statement was made by YG Entertainment CEO Yang Hyun Suk, expressing his views on 2NE1’s impending return to the music industry.

Coming back with ‘Lonely’ eight months after dropping their first studio album, 2NE1 has been sweeping Korean music charts, even scoring a perfect all-kill in major charts in May.


Expanding further on the topic of 2NE1’s potential, YG said, “They aren’t popular singers. They’re just starting now. This year is the year that they’ll reach their peak, both publically and musically. Around the time of their debut, many people criticized me with ‘Yang Hyun Suk went insane’, ‘He’s going to get it soon’, and ‘He’s arrogant’ because 2NE1, who were rookies, went out on music programs only once a week. It’s just my opinion that 2NE1’s a unique group and they should be promoted in their own way.”

Though most entertainment companies flaunt their power through how many times they can put their singers on TV, YG Entertainment does the opposite.


Yang Hyun Suk explains, “Rather than having either Big Bang or 2NE1 go on whatever program many times, we try to pick stages with better standards and enjoy it.”

He also put his foot down on the rumors that he was especially close to SBS.

“It’s true I receive misunderstandings. Counting from my Seo Taiji and Kids days, I’ve been in the broadcasting business for about 30 years. If I wanted to be close to anyone affiliated with the broadcasting business, I could, but I don’t. This is because I always keep one rule: which producers of which programs will let YG artists shine the most?”

Yang Hyun Suk then clarified that the reason why he works well with SBS’s “Inkigayo” was because of producer Park Suk Hoon, who’s reportedly the best in directing shows; he could also pick out the accurate points in dance choreographies.


Moving on, Yang Hyun Suk also revealed 2NE1’s ambitious aspirations. “I have a plan to make this year 2NE1’s year. From April 21st, we kept working without rest. Teddy has already made about six songs and they’re all really good. With my producer’s instinct, I have a feeling that they’ll all be hit songs. ‘Do you want to listen to 2NE1’s songs since they’re really good?’ is the kind of promotion I want to do.”

2NE1 is already leading a ‘first place parade’ with their new song, breaking past MBC’s ‘I Am A Singer’ chart domination. The girls are now preparing for the release of their follow-up song.

source: allkpop

No comments:

Post a Comment